The Foundation Level is the entry level qualification which offers candidates a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL Service Lifecycle, including the linkages between Lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to Service Management practices.
Why should I take ITIL Foundation?
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain a general overview, and basic knowledge and understanding of ITIL.
Successful completion of the Foundation qualification also fulfils the prerequisite entry criteria for the next level of study within the ITIL qualifications scheme, the ITIL Intermediate Level.
Is it right for me?
This qualification is primarily aimed towards:
- those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework;
- those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization;
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
The ITIL qualification is open to any individuals who may have an interest in the subject.
The ITIL Foundation qualification is not intended to enable the holders of the qualification to apply the ITIL practices for Service Management without further guidance.
Candidates should review the course syllabus in advance of the course to check for and complete any required or recommended reading or other prerequisites.
There are no prerequisites for the ITIL Foundation qualification, although taking an accredited course such as those provided by ContentLogistics is strongly recommended.
- Computer-Based Training or executable download
- eLearning – online training with an expert instructor/Coach to provide assistance
- Instructor-Led Training Delivery—our instructor delivers at your location
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)