Chemical Facility Security
Beginning with an understanding of chemical facility anti-terrorism legislation and regulation, the learner receives additional introductions to the broad range of protection and security issues surrounding these vital infrastructure facilities. Topics include:
- Chemicals of interest; vulnerable chemical compounds
- Chemical facility and chemical threats to the US
- Overview of risk-based performance standards
- What is a security vulnerability assessment? How is it used? Why is it important?
- Introduction to site security planning
- Cyber threats and mitigation as it pertains to chemical facilities
- Site Security Management practices
- Incident response practices
While specialized in nature, chemical facility security is critical to the nations vulnerable infrastructure. Students of this course will be well prepared to understand those threats and best practices to ward off future issues.